"Guess No More" Webinar Recap
Last Wednesday we held the second installment of our Presskit.to webinar series. We were joined by panelists Chris Bolton of CD Baby and Marcus Taylor of Venture Harbour to discuss using data to really learn about your fans. The duo had some great suggestions on using data to find actionable tactics and strategies such as working backwards by first identifying the question you want answered and then finding the relevant data to draw a solid conclusion.
If you missed the webinar, or want a recap of the presentation, we’ve archived it on both YouTube and SoundCloud.
We hope you’ll join us for our next webinar!
Tips & Takeaway Points
- Use data to understand how you can best promote a potential marketing campaign, and how you can effectively plan for moving forward - making the most out of your time & budget.
- Use “tags” to track data through Google Analytics to see how engaged your audience is, and how they react to your campaign.
- Track data that deals with your target demographic, cities you should be touring in, or simply data that answers your questions.
- Don’t get caught up with vanity metrics - data that does not create a clear, actionable outcome.
- Number of Facebook page likes or Twitter followers cannot drive fact-based decisions, and are an example of vanity metrics.
- Track your data closely and carefully,as a spike in traffic could be due to an audience landing upon your content while on the search for something else.
- Engage with your audience to attain the best social interaction possible on social networks.
- Data you produce is historical,and although it can help make educated decisions, it cannot necessarily predict the future.
- Most importantly, KNOW your audience - no more guessing!
Next installment of the Presskit.to Webinar Series - “Guess No More” presented on May 29th
Building your audience is no easy feat. As a manager, independent artist, or straight-up go-getter, you may seem so overwhelmed trying to figure out your next move that it’s hard to find time to focus on your art. While many artists may be searching for a starting place, there are many resources out there for artists to make their decisions based on hard, fact-based data.
In the next installment of the Presskit.to Webinar Series, we’ve recruited two excellent panelists (Marcus Taylor, Venture Harbour; and Chris Bolton, CD Baby) to talk about what kinds of Data that Artists and Managers should be collecting to make educated, fact-based decisions. The webinar, titled “Guess No More: Using Data to really know your fans” will be presented on Wednesday, April 25th at 12pm EST.
"The Art of Tasteful Boasting" Webinar Recap
A big thanks to those of you who helped make our first Presskit.to Webinar a huge success. The Art of Tasteful Boasting tackled the ins and outs of writing an artist/band bio and tagline. We were joined by three amazing panelists Chris Robley, Marketing Coordinator & Blog Editor, CD Baby; Julia Rogers, Editor in Chief at Musiciancoaching.com; and Jem Bahaijoub, Founder of imaginePR. The trio brought on some great new ideas on getting started with a bio and making it true to your band and music.
If you missed the Webinar or simply want a recap, the recordings are made readily available on YouTube and SoundCloud. We even listed some of our favorite points for you to quickly check out.
We hope you’ll join us for our next Webinar on May 29.
Tips & Takeaway Points:
- Jot down descriptive adjectives of your music, and questions you’d like answered about your band when you’re getting started.
- Writer’s Block?! Take a break!
- Try different approachesto your bio (overly bragging, super-humble, ego-maniac, etc.), and pick the best parts of each.
- Quoting yourself mid-way in a bio is a great way to incorporate first and third voice.
- Prioritize your achievements! Don’t be afraid to name-drop if you’ve worked with a notable industry figure (but, don’t exaggerate or lie).
- Create a few different lengths of your biography. Short versions for press or social media, and longer for your website.
- When building a tagline, try to find two descriptive things to say about your music and you as an artist/band.
- If in doubt, keep it simple! Don’t be afraid to have someone help you write.
- BE AUTHENTIC AND BE YOURSELF!!
PIMP YOUR EPK: A Webinar hosted by Dotted Music
On Wednesday, April 10th at 11AM PDT (2PM EDT), Andrew Apanov of Dotted Music and the Stand Above the Noise video series will be hosting a 30-minute webinar called “Pimp Your EPK” and has chosen to use Presskit.to as the sample EPK platform. We’ll have a Presskit.to team member on hand to answer questions and chime in with tips throughout.
[Webinar] Advanced Tips: Landing A Job Using Presskit.to & The Berklee LA Opps Board
A lot has happened since Presskit.to teamed up with the Berklee Center in LA to create a solution for connecting alumni (like you!) with amazing opportunities in the music industry. Most recently, we launched the Berklee LA Opps Board, which means Justine is ready to take your Presskit submissions for some amazing jobs & internships in the LA area.
We can’t stress enough how important it is for you to complete your Presskit(s) because Justine can not submit incomplete Presskits to potential employers.
Our very own Ben Maitland-Lewis, CEO of Presskit.to and Berklee Alumni ‘05 has been hosting a series of weekly webinars throughout the month of February on topics ranging from “Creating A Kick Ass Career Presskit” to “Mastering the Berklee LA Job Board.” If you missed them, no need to fret, because this week we’re wrapping up the series with an “Advanced Tips: Landing A Job Using Presskit.to & the Berklee LA Opps Board” and Justine Taormino will joining Ben to answer any questions you might have. So, check webinar details below, RSVP, and start jotting down those questions.
Advanced Tips: Landing A Job using Presskit.to & the Berklee LA Opps Board
**This webinar is free and open to Berklee Alumni only**
Because your success is our success, the Presskit.to team is committed to helping you get your Presskit(s) complete and looking & sounding its best. Head over to the Presskit101 page to meet some of our team members and check out our Presskits. Then, click to connect with one of us - send us your Presskit link via email and you’ll get real feedback from a real person - the person you choose.
We’re really excited to hear from you and to check out your Presskit(s)! So, don’t be shy… be prepared.