"The Art of Tasteful Boasting" Webinar Recap
A big thanks to those of you who helped make our first Presskit.to Webinar a huge success. The Art of Tasteful Boasting tackled the ins and outs of writing an artist/band bio and tagline. We were joined by three amazing panelists Chris Robley, Marketing Coordinator & Blog Editor, CD Baby; Julia Rogers, Editor in Chief at Musiciancoaching.com; and Jem Bahaijoub, Founder of imaginePR. The trio brought on some great new ideas on getting started with a bio and making it true to your band and music.
If you missed the Webinar or simply want a recap, the recordings are made readily available on YouTube and SoundCloud. We even listed some of our favorite points for you to quickly check out.
We hope you’ll join us for our next Webinar on May 29.
Tips & Takeaway Points:
- Jot down descriptive adjectives of your music, and questions you’d like answered about your band when you’re getting started.
- Writer’s Block?! Take a break!
- Try different approachesto your bio (overly bragging, super-humble, ego-maniac, etc.), and pick the best parts of each.
- Quoting yourself mid-way in a bio is a great way to incorporate first and third voice.
- Prioritize your achievements! Don’t be afraid to name-drop if you’ve worked with a notable industry figure (but, don’t exaggerate or lie).
- Create a few different lengths of your biography. Short versions for press or social media, and longer for your website.
- When building a tagline, try to find two descriptive things to say about your music and you as an artist/band.
- If in doubt, keep it simple! Don’t be afraid to have someone help you write.
- BE AUTHENTIC AND BE YOURSELF!!
All-new Webinar Series Premiers April 25th!
This Thursday, April 25th we’re hosting a FREE, one-hour webinar that we’ve dubbed “The Art of Tasteful Boasting: How to write a press-worthy biography & tagline. We are very excited to play host to an AWESOME cast of Panelists, including:
We’ll be discussing the challenges that go along with writing strong artist bios and attention grabbing taglines for use in your Presskit, press releases, and one sheets. We’ll be covering topics like finding your narrative voice and overcoming writer’s block. We’ll also open it up for questions so you can ask about anything we don’t cover.